Am I a hero because there are so many bullets in me that if you shook me up and down I’d rattle like a piggy bank? That’s not a hero. That’s luck. There’s a difference.
The people who were inside the temple that day have the right to see it differently. The ones who ran into the pantry when he was coming after them. They can say, and only they can say, “You saved me by being there. You’re my hero.” They can say it because he was gonna kill them, and when he saw me, he left them alone.
I was just doing my job.
- everythingyntk likes this
- coolchicksfromhistory likes this
- thefirstwordthatcomestomind likes this
- zen-archer likes this
- keithziliu likes this
- houseoforange likes this
- chowder-flapjack likes this
- timepierce likes this
- extrazayn reblogged this from mysawdustheart
- mysawdustheart reblogged this from usatoday
- usatoday posted this