I was scared to death… I was aware of people staring at me. No one moved. They seemed almost in a trance. I just stared at the clock in the center of the church. When I finished, everyone clapped and started crying. From then on, I knew God had blessed me.
Whitney Houston, on her first performance in church at age 11, in a 1987 interview in Time.
The singer died a year ago today.
- timstauder likes this
- lost-and-insecure-god-found-me likes this
- dagafaves likes this
- animedaydreamer2 likes this
- geminisavedf0rever reblogged this from usatoday
- cat-n-tonic30 likes this
- blt1223 reblogged this from usatoday
- jordanpetrucci likes this
- signedkenadee reblogged this from usatoday
- mandienikk1 likes this
- only-conservative-here likes this
- usatoday posted this