Four Swedish movie theaters have launched a new feminist rating based on the Bechdel test, in which two named female characters must talk to each other about something other than a man to pass.
"The entire ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy, all ‘Star Wars’ movies, ‘The Social Network,’ ‘Pulp Fiction’ and all but one of the ‘Harry Potter’ movies fail this test," said Ellen Tejle, the director of Bio Rio, an art-house movie theater in Stockholm’s trendy Sodermalm district.
Being a movie star may seem glamorous, until you see this interview Michael Caine, 80, and Morgan Freeman, 75, gave to a Seattle-Tacoma TV station, Q13, on Wednesday.
When the camera came back from showing a clip, his head was drooping way down on his chest. Freeman woke to nod now and then. And when answered the question: “What the key to being a great narrator?” He responded with, “Uh, probably just being a good reader.”
The last part is the best.
David O. Russell’s film, “Silver Linings Playbook,” was originally a gift for his son, Matthew, 18, who has bipolar disorder. But people in the mental health community say it’s a gift for them too.
- Zero Dark Thirty
- Les Misérables
- Life of Pi
- Silver Linings Playbook
- Beasts of the Southern Wild
- Django Unchained
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
- Hugh Jackman, Les Misérables
- Denzel Washington, Flight
- Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
- Joaquin Phoenix, The Master
- Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
- Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
- Naomi Watts, The Impossible
- Emmanuelle Riva, Amour
- Quvenzhane Wallis, Beasts of the Southern Wild
- Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln
- Alan Arkin, Argo
- Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained
- Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Master
- Robert De Niro, Silver Linings Playbook
- Anne Hathaway, Les Misérables
- Sally Field, Lincoln
- Helen Hunt, The Sessions
- Amy Adams, The Master
- Jacki Weaver, Silver Linings Playbook